Whether you’re renting out your vacation home or use it only during the holidays, it’s essential to hire home watch services in Jupiter. Hiring professionals to maintain your home will protect your investment from damage. Without proper maintenance today, your vacation home will likely call for expensive repairs in the future. If you want to keep your vacation home in its best condition, here’s a maintenance checklist you can follow:
Your Essentials Checklist:
Basic interior wear and tear happens. But it’s essential to address them immediately before they turn into significant issues. Taking a proactive approach will help keep your maintenance cost low. It will also keep your vacation home in mint condition. Here’s what you should look out for:
- Plumbing Fittings- Have your drainage checked for any problems, including the water pressure. Your vacation home might also have loose or worn fixtures that need replacing.
- Flooring– Have your carpets washed and cleaned. Furthermore, have your wooden floors treated or refinished and stone floors resealed.
- Windows– Have your windows checked for any cracks and replace them, if necessary. And don’t forget to have them cleaned afterward!
- Knobs and handles– Have all your doorknobs and cabinet handles checked for any loose parts. If there are any, it’s important to tighten them.
- Furniture– Have your furniture checked for any damages. It might be necessary to reupholster or recondition them.
- Appliance– check your appliances, including your AC, ventilation system, and heater. See if they’re still working fine. You might need to have them repaired or replaced.
- Walls– Have your exterior walls checked each year because they might need repainting. Small touchups here and there could make a big difference and preserve the beauty of your property.
- Landscaping– Have your landscaping checked and maintained. See if there’s anything you can improve. A small upgrade could make a significant impact on your home. You should also check your sprinklers, pathways and assess your patio furniture.
- Gutters and Downspout– Have your gutters and downspout checked to ensure they’re working as they should.
This is just a basic checklist. If you already feel overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to be done to maintain a vacation home, don’t hesitate to seek help from home watch services in Jupiter.
Looking for Home Watch Services in Jupiter?
If you want to avoid spending thousands on repairs and keep your property in mint condition, don’t hesitate to hire home watch services in Jupiter. Call Turnkey Home Watch today!